Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A Month of Witches and Magick- What I Learned About Transmutation Circles- Day 7

So far, I've been talking about circles in general as I try to gain an understanding on transmutation circles. I haven't done much at all about what transmutation circles really are. Part of this is the utter lack of information. And part of this is me trying to understand them myself. Thus today I have some videos.


 
 
 
Now, these are just here so that we are all on the same page. Now you know what I am talking about when I say transmutation circle. I have to admit that while circles are often associated with alchemy, when I read up on alchemy there was no mention of transmutation circles. I am not sure if alchemists use circles a lot or very rarely. Of course, I was reading a general overview of the subject. It could be that transmutation circles are romanticized the same way Witches always seem to go with cauldrons. Using a cauldron is a matter of preference. I practiced for many years without one and I'm a kitchen witch. Or it could be that transmutation circles are on the higher end of things in alchemy and wouldn't be covered in a general overview. I don't have an answer. Yet.


2 comments:

Aine O'Brien said...

I don't really understand the circles, but I'm not sure that it's really possible unless we gain that understanding through an experience. So I was thinking about how I could use them in my work and experiment. I thought about creating one myself. And then I looked up and noticed a beautiful celtic wall hanging my best friend gave me and I realized it was like a celtic version of a hex sign. I took it down and placed it in my birdbath (where I focus all my Work) and it fit perfectly. Hmmmm. I will be experimenting.

Jeanne said...

There is power in a circle. Because there is no open end for the energy to escape. What a person puts in or writes in the circle continues to circulate in the circle and gain power with each subsequent rotation. (this is remembered from what I have read about Native American's healing circles). I had not thought about incorporating pictures and other designs into the circle. Sometimes the simple things are elusive....