Friday, April 25, 2014

My Bedroom

It's the post you've been waiting for- the bedroom pictures!
 
I'm laying on the bed looking out into the hallway. That black blob to my left is Will's dog Dixie. The door used to have trim around it. My brother-in-law (married to middle sister) took it down to paint. And then never put it back. I look around this house at least once a day and think Scott's a fucking idiot. Scott did most of the 'remodeling.' Sometimes he did a great job, but mostly he just got lazy. Sometimes we have to make difficult decisions. Did he do the job properly, or should we rip it out and start over? My house leaks because of him. The back porch is falling off because of him. He ripped out wiring and gas pipes so he could sell the copper for scrap. He is the reason why the house has no heat.

At first I wasn't sure about the green walls, but it is rather restful. I hung my dragon over the door because dragons always reside where I do.

Door to porch. When I moved in, this door was covered with plastic. I wasn't going to use it and I put the bed here at first, then Will decided we needed a private porch for romantic evenings. The white stuff on the door is paint. You'll see what was mostly painted white in a minute. I'm guessing paint rollers got propped against the door. This door doesn't have trim either.

Door to my closet and my altar. The closet door is missing its doorknob. The altar is my mother-in-law's vanity. I begged her to let me keep it for a while. The mirror has a funky mark that I think is a bullet hole, but I'm not sure. Under the altar is a hearth stone. There used to be fireplaces in each room. Scott took all the fireplaces down. If he had left them, I might not have an energy efficient house, but I could heat it far more cheaply rather than having space heaters.

Inside closet, remains of fireplace. Scott the idiot decided this would be a great place for a stereo system. The other room has holes in the walls for speakers.

Leading up to the attic. This is why we sleep in the green room- so kids can't climb up here and break their fool necks. The attic is the most preserved part of the house with the least amount of problems because no one ever goes up here.

My beautiful door knob. This is the most lovely doorknob in the house. The rest may have skeleton key holes, but the plates are plain. The knobs are plain. I don't know why this one is different.

This is my bed. The window to the left is broken. Instead of repairing the window or blocking it off, someone cut out the broken glass. I didn't know the window was broken at first. I woke up freezing cold. I kept hearing birds and it sounded like they were chirping in the room. Finally, after a week of living here, I opened the curtain. I thought, Ah. That explains a lot. Fucking idiot Scott.

Our last bedroom picture. This is my ceiling. Middle sister ran out of paint. I would have finished up with a another can because with white one coat isn't going to cover anyway. She was too cheap to buy another can and refused to use paint she already had because it wasn't the same brand. At some point, I'm going to have to repaint the ceiling. I would have left the brown. It goes with the green and doesn't show the dust as bad as the white.

You know you want to see it.

I'll show you the corner we cleared out first.

I couldn't get all the mess in one shot, but I think this gives you a fair idea of what I'm dealing with. The first time Will showed me the big house, every room was like this. Now you know why I didn't want to live here.
 


1 comment:

catherine said...

This is going to be a beautiful house once you get rid of the mess. The panel doors are really nice, and I have always wanted to live in a place with pocket doors, lol. Scott is an idiot to remove the fireplaces. You could have put an airtight insert in them and you could have heated the house for next to nothing.

The cheapest way to get paint is ask everybody if they have paint they want to get rid of, just make sure they are all the same, I prefer latex, and just mix them all together in a 5 gallon bucket. Use all the paler colors first then use the darker colors to tint it the way you want. When we were poor as dirt a couple of years ago and had to move into an ugly pit, I put an ad on kijiji for free paint and I had enough to do my whole house.