Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Day 26 of Kitchen Witchery- Russian Tea

AJ's recipes!

Russian Tea
1 gallon of water
2 cups of sugar
2 sticks of cinnamon
6 whole cloves
5 tea bags
16oz can orange juice concentrate
16oz can lemonade concentrate

Boil cinnamon, cloves, sugar, and tea in water for two minutes. Remove tea bags, cinnamon, and cloves. Add juices, mix, and serve hot.

Russian Tea, Instant
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of Tang
1/2 cup of instant tea
1 small pkg sweetened Lemonade mix (about 1/2 cup)
2 Tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tsp ground cloves

Mix all ingredients and store in sealed container. To serve, dissolve 1 heaping tablespoon in a cup of boiling water.

My notes:
Alcoholic version- add Jack Daniels. I drink this in a coffee mug and I add just enough whiskey to cover the bottom of the mug.

Best Kitchen Witch use- healing. It has plenty of vitamin C

This reheats in the microwave very well, so don't worry about having too large of a batch. I haven't made this since I became diabetic, but I would use stevia instead of sugar.

No comments: