Saturday, November 23, 2013

Day 23 of Kitchen Witchery- Meatloaf

This is the juiciest meatloaf you'll ever eat.

Pre-heat oven to 375. In a large bowl, add ground beef, one drained can of mushrooms, and one drained can of Rotel Diced Tomatoes. Add desired seasonings. I usually use garlic salt. Mix ingredients together well. Place mixture into a loaf pan. Press down firmly. Place into oven. Check meatloaf often and pour off grease. Let cook at least 45 minutes. I let mine cook closer to an hour because Will likes very brown meatloaf. I don't normally make a topping for it, but if I did I'd apply it during the last five minutes of cooking. Otherwise the sauce cooks down into the meatloaf and eventually runs out with the grease. If you like to use ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg, or bacon, those will work well with this recipe.

Now wasn't that easy?

No comments: