Monday, September 2, 2013

Comings and Goings

Sunday, Clint and I stopped at a local store. It started off as a greenhouse and the owners have just expanded into antiques and handcrafted art. A very beat up sewing machine table caught my eye. The table itself had water damage, so I wasn't expecting much. I was stunned when I opened the top and discovered a machine EXACTLY like my 1927 Singer with a near perfect paint job. I got more excited when I realized the bobbin winder was in EXCELLENT condition. The winder on my machine has worn to the point of being almost unusable. There was no price. The sewing machine had already been sold. Bummer. But, I did find other cool stuff. I bought a huge rolling pin I am very proud of. And, being that they do sell handcrafts, this could be a place where I could sell my quilts. I want to get more of a feel for the owners. They seem very nice so things could work out well for me. Plus, now that Will knows I am looking for sewing machines or machine parts, he is on the look out for them and today he told he thought he had found a sewing machine I might like.

On the down side, I have to go to the doctor tomorrow. Will thinks I don't have an allergy but chemical burn. I have to go to the office first, and try to get work to pay for my medical bills. I've already decided I'm going to the doctor whether I have to pay or not because my hands aren't getting better. Will thinks my hands have become infected and I need antibiotics. I may not be able to go to work for a few days. I can tell you holding a sewing needle is rather difficult and I probably shouldn't be gardening or digging in dirt, but life can't stop just because I have sore fingers.


No comments: