Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Last (& Biggest) Batch of Ft. Rucker Pics

As soon as we got to Ft. Rucker, we went to the Aviation Museum.
Yikes at the guns on this bird.
If this reminds you of the old M.A.S.H. tv show, you'd be correct, this is the Korean War exhibit.
My father is a Korean War veteran.
This guy looks A LOT like my dad :)

Vietnam. There was a sniper in the bushes behind the plane but I couldn't get a good shot of him. Snipers are sneaky like that.

Of course, I had to take pictures of every dragon I found.
These are drones, unmanned aircraft which photographs the ground. These are early models. Drones are now much smaller, like toy airplane sized.
A Witch!
Closer view, taken from the stairs.

This was hanging over the entrance. I thought at first it was Icarus, who flew too close to the sun and fell into the sea. Then I realized the figure had a full beard so it must be Daedalus, Icarus' father. Anyway, this was all about the innovation of flight and Daedalus didn't fall. This was another time when the light wasn't in my favor and I was bummed because it was very pretty.
Found another dragon.
Then I found Snoopy!
This white tiger was cool in the case but now it looks a little creepy.
Piece of the Berlin Wall. I remember the wall coming down. This is the second time I have seen a section of the wall. The Infantry Museum in Ft. Benning also has a piece.
And last, Jack Daniels celebrates everything and everybody.

No comments: