Saturday, July 13, 2013

Nervous Yet?

Since I sent that Facebook friend request, we have almost burned up our cell phones with texts and pictures. Tonight he surprised me by visiting me on my lunch break. In some ways we have picked up right where we left off 20 years ago. In other ways, everything is new and exciting and waiting to be explored. We are practically teenagers again, filled with wonder and lust. During a lull in conversation, he suddenly blurted out, "You still have THE prettiest eyes." Teasing him, I closed my eyes and said, "I bet you don't even know what color they are." He described them perfectly, sounding almost poetic. I was simultaneously charmed and thrown back two decades to the day he realized my eyes are green.

He chatters away, nearly overwhelmed with excitement. And I being me, being just a bit of a tease, I like to see how much I can make him stammer, stutter, trip over words. I can't tell you how exciting it is to be found so attractive. Especially when it is a past lover who already seen it all, and yet twenty years later he's still wowed. I'm middle-aged and he stares at me like we are still 15 and 17.

Our first date, well, first date in years, is tonight. I've already chosen my outfit and thought of ways to distract him while we shoot billiards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your first date the second time around went well! Billiards lends itself to all sort of sultry glances over the pool cue, strutting around the table, and casual brushing against each other. How lovely re-visited new relationships are, and what a feeling it is to be found attractive and alluring. Enjoy you female power. :-)