Sunday, July 14, 2013

Didn't Even Make It in the Pool Hall

We met outside the pool hall. He immediately kissed me. And I kissed back. Then I realized we had been standing outside for a good while. I started towards the door, he pulled me back into his arms, and a lot more time went by. We might as well of been the only two people on Earth because I didn't notice anything around me. If a building in the shopping center exploded, I wouldn't have noticed. I wouldn't have been aware of a hurricane. If Bugs Bunny and the Tasmanian Devil were running around beside us I probably wouldn't have a clue. Finally, I told him we should either go in or go get in bed and guess where we ended up?

He's the same, but so different. We spent a lot of time talking; his speech patterns are still the same, but his voice is much softer. I dated a hot tempered, fiery boy. That boy is gone. He's very mellow now. He has more worries, but he doesn't seem to be raging mad about anything.

I don't think he let go of me the whole time he was here. We touched a lot when we were teens, but this was different. It wasn't about sex, it was more like he drew comfort just by being close to me. I really like it. Seems to be a sweeter, deeper connection.

His body has changed a lot. He's gained a lot of weight. But he's still strong so I don't mind the weight too much. He has a tattoo now (OMG! LOVE tattoos!) that he designed himself. He still likes to draw and we talked a lot about art. He revealed something very personal I knew nothing about so I think this time he will be more likely to express his feelings. I really appreciate that because before I felt as if I loved him too much, that was too serious or that I came on with too much intensity.

He spent the night. I had a wonderful time. The only way I can accurately describe it is to use a Witch metaphor- I walked between the worlds. I moved between being young and being wise, everything I wanted and what I got, the people we were and the people we now are. It was surreal, magickal, timeless, touching, haunting, and real. I have no idea what will happen next, but I intend to enjoy the ride.

No comments: