Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Found My Time!

Yesterday I did laundry for the first time since Kurt left. I was very sure I had a mountain because when he lived here I did laundry damn near every day. I barely had half a load. I was like, what? what? did I forget a basket? The white clothes made an even smaller load.

I haven't cleaned much either. Because I don't have to. I clean up and, OMG, it stays clean. No more picking up items constantly. No more dirt on the coffee table. No mysterious sticky spots on the counter.

I am cooking every day, but I don't mind because it doesn't seem like much, and because I'm the only one eating, I have leftovers. I can go all day without washing dishes and when I finally get to it, I barely have half a sink.

I don't run back and forth to the store. I don't find things in odd places. When I sit down to sew, I make great progress. I started reading again. I am spending more time on Pinterest, but that's probably because now I can explore farther.

The dogs are happier because they have more run of the house. Kurt kept them in the pen or confined to the kitchen. I felt like I never got to spend any time with them. They also seem less excitable and they seem to mind better. I think when dogs have limited time with humans they become hyper. They need us just like we need them. They need to be petted and we need to pet them. I think any future mate needs to love my dogs as much as I do before he moves in. We will all be happier that way.

1 comment:

Samantha Stephens said...

Looks like the Universe is confirming you made the right choice. Enjoy your peace.