Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I Can Do That Naked

I haven't had anymore heat rash since I started exercising at home. Naked. I've been jumping on my mini trampoline. I can't do it very long, but I have noticed my sugar goes way down afterwards. Conclusion- a little bit of intense exercise is better than going for a long slow walk. It is certainly less itchy. It also frees up a lot of my time, and I don't have to worry about snakes, bugs, speeding cars, leering men, or dogs escaping to go with me.

I went to the feed store and inquired about chicken or hog wire. I was told they sold both. I asked where it was. The store clerk, with his retro Elvis-like, sort of a mullet haircut, gave me bad directions. He sent me into a room filled with tact, boots, and all things horse-related. I wandered around, found the room I needed in the opposite direction that he indicated, and found no wire of any kind. I got the feeling he didn't think women should be buying manly stuff like fencing. I don't think I need to explain that I want to put some in the dog pen to keep my dogs from digging out. I really don't think it's anyone business why I want wire. Annoyed, I left without buying anything. After I got home, I realized I may have enough hog wire to do what I need. But at least I know not to shop in that feed store. I've been in there before and the other guy was nice. I just don't want to go back.

I am almost finished with my October Witch posts. I intended to finish Monday but Kurt got off work far to early and stayed under me the rest of the day. Today I tried to wrap things up and I couldn't get to some of my pictures. Sigh. Try, try, try again.

My tarot cards indicate more chaos. My horoscope indicates this week could be complicated if I fail to pay attention to details. I'm trying to stay on top of things, pay bills early, keep the house clean, plan ahead, and work in my garden. I feel very rested, even if I'm exhausted, if I spend the day outside. I'm also using magick to remove problems, to protect myself, and to secure what I want. I'm not starting anything major, I'm just focusing on my life so small details don't become huge problems.

In sewing, I'm working on a Christmas card. I know making them now is the only way to be done in December. I'm still working on my spring sign. I keep getting bored with it. I know it will be pretty when completed, but the work in progress is not holding my attention. I think now I'll be done before the summer solstice so my next sign will be autumn. Maybe after that I can do summer and then winter. I used to think of the Turn of the Wheel as being on big wheel, but obviously there are several small wheels turning the big one and I never seem to be on the wheel currently turning. And speaking of wheels, I figured out how to do my round design. I haven't started because Hobby Lobby is closed on Sunday. I think that's really dumb because each weekend I spend Saturday doing chores and running errands. I shop for groceries and cook. On Sunday, I settle down to craft or sew and it is then I realize I need yarn of a certain color and Hobby Lobby is closed. There is no other craft store in my town. No A.C. Moore, no Michael's, no Ben Franklin Crafts, no nothing. There are Wal-Marts and ONE has a fair sized craft department BUT it is always in disarray and if they have what I need I can't find it. Besides, I'd rather take a beating than go to Wally World on the weekend.

I have a similar problem with my local library which is open for one hour on Sunday. Do I ever remember this early in the morning? Noooooo. People need to stop screwing with my Sundays.

No comments: