Monday, March 4, 2013

The Wash Pot Cauldron is in the House

Saturday I decided the wash pot cauldron had sat in the store room long enough.
The first thing I had to do was get rid of this box. It's the box of yarn and cross stitch Kurt's mom gave me when we helped her move- in September. Yeah. I had planned to get rid of it from the beginning because it was all things I didn't want, either I didn't like the colors or the cross stitch had a religious theme. But for some reason, the box just didn't go anywhere. The box was falling apart so I repacked it into plastic bags and took every thing to Goodwill.
I had planned to put the wash pot in this corner because that would look great under my staff. But it wouldn't fit. I wouldn't be able to open the front door.
The tv used to be here. For some reason, I never pushed the cords into the floor, I just left them sprawled out. What is up with this corner of my house? Maybe the energy is stuck because we don't really use it.
After pushing the satellite cords through the floor, then mopping, I lugged in the wash pot. Then I discovered the crate was too big to fit inside. Bummer.
I put the cook pot inside the wash pot and all the items that should have gone in the crate will go around the cook pot. The cook pot, a small cauldron, will be where the magick actually happens. And that makes more sense. Now what to do with the crate?
I thought the crate would go great under Mama Kate's side board. I thought if I turned wooden crate one sideways, it'd slide right in. No. Doesn't fit here either. Rats, foiled again.
I had to turn both crates sideways and now I have to move everything to open crate two. While shuffling around my belongings, I decided crate two would be a great potion cabinet. I think crate one needs to relocate. It might me useful for storing Kurt's shoes. He likes to leave his boots in the middle of floor where I can trip over them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finding new treasures when one's space is limited forces a sort of creativity out of us we might not have know was there before. I love seeing someone else shuffling their things about when a new addition to the "family" is adopted. Lets me know I'm not the only one. BTW, you have some lovely pieces there. That sideboard is wonderful, and the cauldron and washtub...very nice. The staff is lovely. Did you Craft it yourself?

FreeDragon said...

hee hee, no I bought it Party City! I love it anyway