Tuesday, March 26, 2013

In Case You Think I'm Dying

I'm not. I'm just a diabetic. All diabetics go crazy from time to time. I'm sure that's one of the warnings listed on my insulin. It probably says, She'll drag you down too.

Good things, I promise, really good things, are happening here.

First, I have been drawing. Sort of. I've been designing cross stitch patterns which requires a very precise kind of drawing on graph paper. I am aware that now days cross stitch is designed with computer software. And I do intend to purchase some of that software because I am really enjoying myself and I think this could be a nice sideline of work. The reason why I am drawing everything slowly, oh my goddess ever so slowly, with colored pencils and graph paper is because that is what I used to do when I was a little girl. My father worked construction all his life. He brought home huge sheets of graph paper, some left over from from a drafting project, and I spent a WEEK filling up one sheet. My mother gave me a pad of graph paper from the grocery store and thus inadvertently learned what would keep me quiet all day. She gave me markers, pens, colored pencils, and crayons then left me in my room. I used to be really good at graph paper designs- anything set before me I could translate to neat little squares. I'm trying to remember how I did it. I think the most important thing was to just start coloring. I'm working on a dragon now and he looks so good on paper that I can't wait to see him in threads.

The second good thing is Kurt's job is starting to suck. I'm sure you're wondering why that's good. Two weeks ago he was offered another job making a lot of money. He turned it down, then worried that he had done the wrong thing. I said he need to stay where he was, he just got insurance for fuck sakes, who knows what the other job would be like or how long it would last. Even I had doubts, because, ya know, that was a lot of money. Then there was talk of lay offs, his boss suddenly writes him up for minor things, and just when we thought he made a mistake by turning the job down...they called back. He has an interview Wednesday. He will be making enough so that I don't have to work. I can stay home if I want. I have decided to keep working because I want to build up the savings account. I'd like to own a house and I need a good bit of money for that. But because there is the possibility that I could stay home, work is suddenly a lot easier to deal with and I no longer feel stress about it. Nor do I need to worry about my sugar levels making me psycho. I can just take a day and if they fire me, so what? I didn't need my job anyway. Isn't it great not to be trapped by a job?!

The other good things are all small details- irises are blooming, spring has clearly arrived. My eyeballs itch like hell, but I'm so happy I don't mind. My plants are growing. Kurt finally got a truck of his own. Now my car seat and radio stations stay put. He went out of town for a couple of days and the time apart did us good. I started a huge blog project which you'll see the end result of in October. Yes, it's that big. I am already planning for Halloween...and November (Kitchen Witchery) and December (yay! craft projects!). You'll love it, I promise.


1 comment:

Kat of EmKatCreations said...

Hooray for all the positive life stuff and I want to see the dragon!