Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Held A Needle

I actually got some sewing in today. I made good progress. I cleaned and cooked, then went to work and was amazingly productive. There's hope yet. I even managed to read some Tarot on Sunday evening. The cards indicate I have an emotional block to my creativity. I was reasonably sure I was resentful of all the demands on my time, but, I don't know, maybe it's something else and I use my lack of time as an excuse. Sort of the reverse of when I was in college and used quilting as an excuse not to study.

My Silent Sunday picture failed to post. I don't know why I thought it would. Blogger is an egg sucking dog and you just can't turn your back on it.

I'm going out of town for Thanksgiving, so cooking is limited to what I bring to my future mother-in-law's house. I still don't know what dish I am supposed to bring. I offered sides, bread, or wine and she told me whatever we wanted to eat with turkey. Hmmmm. I sense an opportunity for Kitchen Witchery...

I'm still trying hard to be the witch of this place and the land is paying me no mind as it gears down for a winter sleep. It urges me to dream as well.

I'm trying to figure out some sort of stitch witchery but nothing really appeals to me yet. I already cleanse my materials with incense smoke, pay attention to colors, symbols, numerology...but I need something more. I've tried burning a candle when I sew, but I don't like that idea because cloth is flammable. I've tried chanting, but it is really easy to loose rhythm when thread becomes knotted, plus I get tongue-tied. I feel like I'm right on the verge of finding the key, but have no idea what the key looks like. I read a story once about a Witch whose robes were spells. That sounds awesome, for thing made to be magick itself, but what kind of spell am I doing? How would I activate it? How long would it last? I'll let you know when my fingertips brush against the key in the darkness.

No comments: