Sunday, January 29, 2012

Preparing for Imbolc

I'm off this weekend and Imbolc is right around the corner, so I've been cleaning. Both mundane and magickal housekeeping. I swept and mopped behind the washer, dryer, and fridge. I burned incense. I washed clothes. I washed dishes. I cleaned out the refrigerator. I started cooking.
I've been thinking about what Imbolc means to me. I'm starting to see it as awakening in a cleansed state. As being reborn, becoming better. The Goddess is coming, I need to get ready.

Over the winter (not that we've had much coldness. Damn global warming.) I've been planning. I think Imbolc is the refining time, the time when I realize some of my ideas aren't going to work, and I should let them go. I need to be fully aware and ready to work, to make things happen.

It's a time of mystery too, of seeing lots of possibilities and not knowing quite what will happen. It's a time to be surprised, of receiving an extra boon, or having things bloom where nothing was planted, or of having love sweep you off your feet.

Whatever you have been hoping for, now is the time to get it.