Thursday, January 19, 2012

Man Hunting- Open the Door for a Beautiful Woman

I haven't mentioned anything about my search for a new man in a while, so I thought I'd give you an update. Now keep the above picture in mind because someone has been watching me just like that.

First, when I got to work yesterday, one of the men rushed over to open the door for me, which I thought was nice. I like that sort of thing anyway. He was obviously trying to be smooth and cool, but he was nervous and awkward too. He yanked the door open wide and banged it against his foot. I'm sure it would have hurt if he hadn't been wearing steel-toe boots. Really, hit hard enough to rattle the glass. He said he wanted to open the door for a beautiful woman.

I didn't really have anything to say because I don't think of myself as beautiful. Sometimes I don't feel the least bit attractive. Through out my teens, I was told over and over I was ugly so when someone pays me a complement, I don't believe them. It was hard not to argue with him. I work in a welding plant. I wear old clothes that I don't care about in case I get hit with burning sparks. I also wear steel-toe boots, gloves that stink, neon yellow ear plugs, and safety glasses. This is not high fashion.

Since I am dressed for my job, I have to wonder why any of the men notice me. This guy likes my ponytail. I kid you not. I said 'thank you', went through the door and he said, 'You know you have it going on with that ponytail.' I thought my hair looked like a mop dangling under my cap.

In other man issues, I found out the guy who invited me to sit under the pavilion is Anna's cousin and not her husband. But I also found out he dips and EEWWWW! Nasty.

Two more men grin at me like jackasses eating briars. The player moved to first shift, which is a relief. I finally asked Mr. Eyes if was married, he is, but he waves at me all the time. Jeff runs up and tries to talk, but after a question or two he seems utterly tongue tied so he slinks off.

Now- about being watched:

Mr. Dragon. This is the only man that gets me hot and bothered. The others, well, some are okay, but I don't feel any sparks. Mr. Dragon confuses me. I cannot figure him out. He's hot, he's cold, he's attentive, he's ignoring me, he wants to talk, he's not to be found and I finally just gave up. Monday he followed Nene and me out to break and joined in our conversation as if he always hangs out with us. Normally he stand by the door smoking, but now he leans against the rail. And watches me. Nene thinks it's funny. I would think it's funny if it were happening to someone else. Nene thinks Mr. Dragon has noticed the other men showing an interest. I feel like a new toy being passed around. Mr. Dragon goes out of his way to walk past me. He stares at me during break. He watches me walk across the parking lot. Sometimes when I am working, I will look up and see him staring from his job. I don't know how he is getting any work done. He watches me so much that other night I woke up and for a second I thought I saw him standing in the corner of my bedroom. Either he has learned astral projection or I've become so accustomed to him ogling me that I now expect to see him everywhere.

Sheesh.

3 comments:

Kat of EmKatCreations said...

Hrm.... sounds interesting :)

Aisha @The Bewitching Bibliophile said...

Sounds like he has Edward Cullen you

FreeDragon said...

It was EXACTLY like the scene in Twilight and just like Bella, first thing I did was turn on the light for a better look. I know I wasn't dreaming. He better not go sparkly.