Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I've Decided to Break my Rule

I'm a kitchen witch. I do a lot of earth based working involving the mundane world, specifically my home. I use whatever spell ingredients I have on hand. My spells usually involve something I have grown, found in the wild, made by hand, or cooked. Most of my 'spells' are really about planning and trying to align myself with the various energies in my life. I seek balance, not control over spirits. I have a very 'live and let live' approach. On the rare occasions I have been asked to help with ghosts, my first priority was to determine what kind of haunting was occurring and if the people could learn to live with the ghost, not to rush in with banishing spells. Hey, it's the ghost's house too. I don't try to make ghost leave unless they are malicious.

I am of the mind that the whole world would be better if everyone just minded their own business. Just keep you affairs in order, try to be nice, and all will run smoother. I am not likely to join a protest group or march for a cause. I think I have marched just once in my life, a night walk for sexual assault awareness, and I only did that because I was already a volunteer for the rape counseling organization sponsoring the event.

I have never used witchcraft to influence politicians. But I think I'm about to start.

The more I hear about SOPA, the madder I get. I have been online most of the day and most of the sites I visit have something to say about it. I haven't found anyone in support of the bill, which makes me wonder how it got written in the first place. I have tweeted until twitter started running slowly from all the protesting. I have put my name on petitions, something I NEVER do, and I have emailed Alabama Representatives, just to find out their web pages are jammed, too. Good.

Jam 'em up, people! Cause a stir, speak out, be an absolute pest until your congressman agrees to vote your way just so you'll stop bothering him. Then call his office and annoy his staff.

I've got candles to burn. Then I've got to call the Alabama Capitol in Montgomery.

No comments: