Monday, January 2, 2012

How I Spent New Year's

I didn't make any plans other than drinking and I had to quit after 3 beers because I was becoming way too drunk.

About 10 til midnight, I decided I wanted to start the New Year with a clean kitchen. I thought I washed all the dishes, but I later found a glass in the living room. Win some, loose some. But all the dishes in the kitchen were washed.

I sent 2 text messages wishing friends a happy new year.

I sat on the porch for a while just listening. I heard fireworks and gunshots. I heard a little yelling, and very faintly, some music. Then I got cold (it is January) so I headed in.

I took care of my altars. I put out fresh incense and candles so all will be ready when I awake.

I decided my new magickal habit for 2012 would be to smudge or cleanse my house of negative energy before I go to bed each night. I did something a little different- I put on my mask (this is something I adopted in my personal practice. I know of no other tradition or coven who wear masks on esbats, Sabbaths, and high days.) I swept the whole house with my witch broom. Next I went around with my rattle- breaking negativity through sound. Last I waved my wand. I always visualize sparkling stars simmering in the air. After filling every room with stars, I announced my home to be cleansed and blessed and ready to receive the riches of the new year. Then I rang my bell once.

I did my Silent Sunday post then started this one because I am trying very hard to stay on top of things. Right now I hear the coyotes- they're howling in the new year.

On New Year's Day, I discovered Rima created a symbol of change:
I already posted this once, but if you missed it, please go over to the Hermitage and read about it. I want to turn this very important circle into stickers that I can leave in public places. Like bathroom stalls as Rima suggested. Do you see the word 'root'?

All in all, New Year's was nice. I started a money journal because my goal for 2012 is to have a healthier relationship with my finances. I'm trying to see money as energy that can be directed wherever I need it, just like I can direct energy from the earth or the stars or crystals. Right off the bat I got depressed because I have more money going out than coming in. But I'm going to see this through. It will help if I have something fun planned afterward. I don't know if there is such a thing as a money witch, but I intend to be a great one.

In all other areas, house keeping, cooking, gardening, diabetes management, I feel I'm doing well. Of course, tonight I actually go back to work. I can probably forget smooth sailing from this point on. But if I falter on something I will just renew my goal and start over. Eventually I'll get it right.

No comments: