Friday, July 29, 2011

Lammas Is Coming- The Blessings List

1. I am thankful I am still alive. My time on this earth has been shortened. Simple joys mean so much more now.

2. I have clothes to wear, food to eat, and a place to stay. Sometimes I wonder exactly how I am going to get by, but I live independently. I don't need to rely on anyone to take care of me.

3. I am intelligent with an active, curious mind. I have the ability to recognize patterns in my life so I can change and adapt.

4. I have a guitar! I know, you were expecting something more serious. But when I got out of the hospital I said I wanted to learn to play before I die. I can strum a bit now and I know a few cords.

5. I am lucky enough to live in the country, very much the same way that I grew up. I live on a farm, I have dogs, a big yard, a small garden, and I can't see my neighbors. I can walk around my backyard naked because I'm kinky like that :p

6. I do not look my age. I am 34 and all my co-workers think I am in my twenties.

7. I am a practicing kitchen witch with awesome powers. Okay, I made that sound more impressive than it really is. What I mean is I choose to have a religion that allows me to control my fate. I do not need a mediator between me and God telling me how to behave or think. The flip side is when I screw up, it is all my fault and there is no devil to blame. There's a great responsibility to being a witch, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Now, go count your own blessings no matter how small they may be because small things matter more than you think. For my next post, I will be talking about what I want and changes that need to be made. If you want to follow along and create change in your own life, you must know where you are before you know where to go.

No comments: