Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Rolling Pin Collection

I love rolling pins. It's one of the few kitchen tools both useful and decorative. Plus they make good weapons should you ever need to crack a skull.
I said when I filled the wine rack, my collection was complete. Then I found a few more rolling pins so I'm using the basket until I get a bigger wine rack.

This one has a nice shape. I bought it at the indoor flea market. The cashier tried to buy it from me.

A gift from the Air Witch.

My collection wouldn't be complete unless I had one with red handles.
I bought this because it is huge! And heavy.

Of course I needed a vintage marble rolling pin.

This one can be filled with water for added weight.

Another glass rolling pin. Now they make them out of plastic, which I think is a shame.

This one...

...and this one leave designs in the dough.

These are the 2 most important rolling pins. My grandfather made the big one for my mother and the little one for me. I rolled out a lot of play dough with it. Actually, I still use it to make cinnamon rolls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cute collection! I've never heard of anyone collecting them before, but they really are a useful thing to have around.