Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Shit Hit the Fan

This morning I was jobless and fine with it.

Kevin called me at 7:25am. He is worried about my lack of income. He urged me to come back. If I got fired I can draw unemployment.

I didn't think I'd make it on time. I rushed to work, pulled into the front, left the truck running, ran in, clocked in, then drove around back where I usually park. I was 4 minutes early which just astounded me.

My computer was still gone. My boss was ignoring the hell out of me. I just cleaned. I was wiping down bins when I got fired. Wait for it...

Terminated for leaving the premises while on the clock.

Yes, I drove around the building and had to get on a city street to do it so that was me leaving. It doesn't matter that people do this very thing all the freakin' time. It's stealing time and I am fired.

Kevin is happy now. I can draw unemployment.

I am annoyed. I was trying to give it one more try and it was all for nothing. This is the only time in my life I have been fired and I always thought if I got fired it would be for a really good reason. This is just stupid.

This morning I was fine. I was sitting here at the computer filling out job applications. I felt okay. Now I'm just pissed.

I can't believe life flips around so much so fast.

1 comment:

Chrysalis said...

Ugh. I will light a candle for you that the shit pass quickly and you return to peace!