Monday, February 28, 2011

No Rush

The Unemployment Office called me today. I have filed 3 weeks worth of claims. Today they actually got around to verifying I am me. They double checked my info. They asked why I got fired. I think she was expecting a little more. I should have been a bitch. But, part of me doesn't care. Part of me wants to call Bill and tell him how much I've enjoyed being home.

Should I be approved, my weekly check will go directly into my account. Should I be denied benefits, I will be notified by mail.

It's a good thing I haven't been worried about this or I'd have a headache about nothing.

Today's call just solidifies the limbo feeling. Everything has a surreal feeling to it, like I've started viewing the world through a bubble. I feel isolated, but not lonely. I feel cut off from the 'real' world. I feel adrift between worlds. Time doesn't seems to be passing. Time doesn't have much meaning now.

When I first starting practicing Witchcraft, I worked rituals with friends. I ALWAYS cast the circle. Finally I asked why and my friends told me I was really good at it. They said when I walked the circle it was as if I drew a curtain behind me. We became enclosed. The world receded and only the altar before us mattered.

I don't know what's behind the curtain and it doesn't seem to matter.

No comments: