Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Year in Review

I'm glad to see 2010 go. It's been a rough year for me.

Out of all the things I've lost this year, I realized I lost two things that were actually good to lose. Since becoming diabetic I have lost my fear of blood and hypodermic needles. Seeing them both together several times a day tends to lessen their effects.

I've decided 2011 will be the year of the home. My home is my protection against the outside world. It is the one place where I can be safe and relax. I want my house to be a place of magick and spells. I'm trying to do more small spells more often. I used to work magick all the time. I want to get back to that. There is no need to do long rituals if I cast every few minutes all day.

For too long I've let things that aren't important take up too much of my time. No more. I refuse to worry about that which does not matter.

I've been planning New Year's Day carefully. I feel I should spend the day doing what I love for as New Year's goes so shall the rest of the year follow. I refuse to have a bad day.

Sometimes I feel distracted, lost, and unfocused. I've decided that when I feel this way I should let go and just be. My mind will quiet and my attention will settle on what really matters.

And I might spend a little too much time looking inward when I should be looking out toward the future. Speaking of out, I want Nature to flourish around my house. I need to do more spells outdoors. When I face East and call the air, I should feel the wind.

Also it might be important if I were just a tad more silly because I tend to take myself far too seriously. Maybe I could wear my witch's hat just for fun whenever I'm sewing or cooking.

And sometimes I should just make a random left turn. Just to see if there's anything of interest over the hill.

No comments: