Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bird at my Window

last night a friend gave me an antique quilt top. Kevin wants it. I was trying to figure out the pattern. I thought at first it was some kind of star pattern.

Funny thing about quilt blocks- they're shape shifters. Change the color, flip the block, put a couple together and you get a totally different pattern. This morning I realized it's 4 blocks sewn together and not one 1 big block. This is a dove in the window or a darting birds block.

There's a little bird trying to build a nest outside my sewing room window. As I was reading this morning, I kept hearing scratching sounds. There's the little bird at the window. Then he flew around to the other window and scratched around out there.

This afternoon when I have more time I'll try to get a pic of the bird, and the quilt top. I think the Universe is sending me a message.

No comments: