Sunday, October 24, 2010

Internet Junkie

My computer monitor, which was the size of my washing machine and 10 years old, finally gave up the ghost this weekend. The screen would gradually become darker and darker until it was pitch black and I couldn't see what I was doing. I now have a very flat screen and I feel like I'm sitting in front of a picture window. But I am damn glad to have my new monitor because without it I couldn't check my email or my bank balance, I couldn't pay my bills, and I couldn't have a convo with anyone on etsy. Nor could I write in my journal or mark items off my to do list. I started buying Christmas gifts but I couldn't check anything off my holiday planner. I know several of you are laughing at me right now. Shut up. I freely admit the Internet is my drug of choice and I just can't do without it. I admit my entire life is on a little black box and I'm fine with that.

I did manage to get a lot of sewing done. And now that I can actually see what I am doing, at some point I can post pictures.

Kevin came home sick today. He thought it was something he ate, but we both ate the same food and I am fine. I'm afraid he might have a virus and he's going to give it to me.

Earlier today I decided to improve my finances with a spell, so I used this chant
Trinka five, trinka five,
Ancient Spirits come alive.
Money grow and money thrive,
Spirits of the trinka five.
I said it over and over while I was sewing. I went to visit my parents today and my father gave me $100. I was shocked. The man never gives me anything. He just handed it to me, told me to put it toward my computer. It just stunned me so much I could barely thank him. When I finish this post I'm going to chant some more!

That's about all here. I hope you and yours are enjoying the weekend.

No comments: