Sunday, October 17, 2010

Cauldron of Scrim
























This is the plastic cauldron I bought at the dollar store for sewing magick. And the second picture is scrim, all snipped up and mixed together. I sped up the process a good bit by adding fabric scraps. Then Saturday I was bored and needed something to do while I watched tv, so I cut up some funky velvet ribbon stuff that I have no use for. Ordinary I wouldn't have cut up anything just to make scrim, but like I said, I was bored. Just for fun I'm adding sandalwood oil. Twice a day I stir up my cauldron of scrim with a chopstick. Then I add one drop of oil. This feels a lot like cooking to me- chop, stir, add, simmer. I feel like I'm making soup or stew or a magick potion. I believe now would be a good time to draw up my dragon. Or maybe I should summon a dragon.

I'm debating doing a post on Animal Speak. On the one hand, I wanted to do a series about animal magick and totems, starting with how I learned it and moving into real world experience. On the other hand, I haven't read the book in years. I refer to it often, but I haven't sat down and read it all the way through in a long time. But doing the cards was a good way to keep me posting on a daily basis. But I don't want to comment on every single animal in the book because that would take forever. I might just take my favorite animals from the cards and post what Andrews says. If anyone has an opinion, please, speak up.

Other than the scrim, I haven't done much sewing. I am trying to finish a needlepoint star. I need a break between quilts to clear my head. I am thinking about making some little stuffed charms and animals, like key chain size. I've been seeing little stuffed things everywhere.

October seems to be a long slow month which is great for me because lately I was feeling very rushed and put upon. That may be the appeal of my scrim soup, it's a slow process. Relax. Wait. Stir things a bit. Rest. If more things in my life were like that I might be a bit happier.

I've been watching the leaves change colors. Right now there's a lot of yellow with sudden bursts of red or purple. Still a lot of green, but it's dull green, not the vibrant pulsing green of summer.

Since the fall garden is going so well I've decided to try a winter garden. Today I gathered dogwood seeds which need the coldness of winter to sprout. I've also gathered some rose hip from my father's garden. They too need winter's chill. I'm going to keep my seeds in the fridge and plant in the spring. Since I've already started planning for spring, I might as well plant something for the cold season. Maybe next fall I can say I garden all year round.

No comments: