Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Before I Stitch Magick

I want to share my New Year's Resolutions. You see, Halloween is the witch's new year. While I was bored at work, I made my list. I thought of sections of my life where I need/want improvement and then I dedicated one piece of paper to each section. This allowed me to 'ramble about mentally' In no particular order:

New Year of the Witch Goals

Etsy:
Every full moon- search for alchemy projects
Every 7th day of the month have a sale/showcase
Try to add 1 new item per week
Set sales goals. How much $ should I make? How many sales in a week/month?
Need some quilts and quilt kits
How do I best promote my shop?
How do I link Zazzle to Etsy?

Zazzle:
How best to promote?
New shirt design every month
Buy some for self (my t-shirts are becoming ragged)

Home:
New shelves in sewing room
glider rocker
spice rack
redo sewing room table
under table storage for art supplies
over door hat rack for Kevin (he hangs his caps on the bed posts which ANNOYS me to no end)
Bench for dinning table
small filing cabinet

Garden:
Cauldron fire pit!
Grow more food
preserve food
make more compost/worm bin
more roses
roses around dog pen

Would like but don't know where I'd put it:
Big, solid oak, antique chine hutch for magick, altar, storing herbs, (maybe some sewing projects) Something well loved with its own energy, a gift or very well priced, needs cleaning or maybe new hardware at most, light wood color, simple but beautiful

(IMPORTANT NOTE- Notice the lack of negative language in the above category. When manifesting anything it is important to keep the wording as positive as possible. No no's, don't, won't, etc)

Magick goals:
Every dark moon banish anything I don't like
Burn candle while sewing
Weekly offerings to Goddess
Regular Tarot readings?

I've got a few more things on my lists but they are personal and anyway, I think I've given you a good enough example. You can see how I think, what's important to me, and how to use positive wording for manifestation. Notice I wrote down things that I don't know how I will get them. I'm not worried about the process because the Universe will take care of it. I'm just focusing on the end result.

Most people think New Year's Resolutions are a once a year thing. I believe they should last the whole year and every three months or so should be reviewed to ensure that you're on the right path to getting what you want. And to make sure you still want those things. Sometimes after we focus on things we realize they're not right for us. That's fine. Reflections helps us to realize what we do want and to be appreciative of what we've got.

3 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

it's great to make all of these resolutions! i got the PM spellbook at an auction right after the movie was released. i got sally's umbrella there too! have a great samhain!

Chrysalis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chrysalis said...

(with correctly spelled words this time!!)

I have been following your blog for a while. I really like it a lot! I rarely comment but thought I would toss in my .02 for the new year.

I will link to you from my page