Friday, October 8, 2010

13 Witchy Things

1. I am a self dedicated witch. For years it bothered me that I hadn't been initinated into a coven. I read a lot of books trying to find the 'proper' way to be a witch. Then one day I realized I was born a witch and I did not need anyone to validate me.

2. FreeDragon was my user name on AOL a long time ago. I've changed my magickal name a lot. Before I was FreeDragon I was Northwest Solstice. I've also been StarBreeze and Isiswing. I started using FreeDragon because I want to be free to make my own choices and live my own life.

3. I was born during the Year of the Dragon. For years I thought I was born during the Year of the Snake. But the Chinese New Year comes in February and I was born in January so I was born on the Tail of the Dragon which I think is the best part. This has nothing to do with witchcraft, I just think it's cool.

4. I'm not a cat person. I know witches are supposed to love cats but I like dogs.

5. I like the idea of astrology but I'm too lazy to do the math.

6. I don't tell people I'm a witch because when I do I get one of three responses- 1.) Witches aren't real. 2.) You're going to hell. 3.) Can you put a spell on someone for me?

7. I come from a witch family, but they won't admit it. My mother can predict the gender of an unborn child and her mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother were all psychic. The great-grandmother had visions and talked to 'the little man.' I think the little man was a household spirit. He stayed beside the fireplace.

8. I keep my wand hanging on the bedroom wall.

9. I cast really good circles. Every time I do magick with a group I am always asked to cast the circle. Finally I asked why and I was told my circles are be felt and somewhat seen. I was told when I close the circle the world seems farther away. I can't see my own circles. But I can feel a difference in temperature. My circles are hot.

10. I'm pretty good at weather magick but I don't do very often because I worry about upsetting the natural balance.

11. I have a coyote skull on my altar.

12. I have a goddess suncatcher in my living room.

13. My favorite power- calling the wind.

Today's card is beaver. 'investing in home comforts provides security and family togetherness.' Yesterday I stayed home and I was very happy. I wish I could stay home every day. Tomorrow- waiting for my wish to come true.

No comments: