Friday, September 3, 2010

Zoom

This week just zoomed by. I'm glad. Last week went on forever. I was really busy this week because my office mate had an out of town family emergency so I was doing both our jobs. Yesterday I had to help rebuild a turntable. I am the only person at work with hands small enough to fit inside the shaft. (Sometimes it really pays to have a woman in the department) Normally I just pop the seals right in and I am done in about 10 minutes. This saves the men hours. However, unbeknown to us, the machine shop built a turntable with a different inside diameter. Thus it came to us with smaller seals. Ergo, when I tried to put new seals in they didn't fit. I spent 3 hours trying to force seals into too small of a groove. Finally I gave up, got a different shaft and popped them all in. In under 7 minutes. Today my knuckles are scraped and my fingertips are very sore. Of course, while I was trying to rebuild a shaft with the wrong seals, nothing else got done. So I have a mess waiting for me today. I really miss my office mate.

But it's FRIDAY! AND it's a 3 day weekend! Yay for holidays! I just have to get through today and then I can spend so long awaited time in my garden.

Today's card is Frog. 'Adapt and survive by accepting the inevitable and seizing potential' This is another card I haven't previously drawn. Frogs are the first to indicate problems with the environment because they are so sensitive. If all is right with the frogs, all is well with the world. So today's card is very appropriate because I wanted to get out of one environment and envelop myself in another.

No comments: