Thursday, August 26, 2010

Living Room


Today is Thursday and our zone is the living room

I will be dusting the bookshelves today. About ten years ago I had the idea that all my book cases should match so I painted them all black. It makes a wonderful effect- the book covers seem to pop out in vivid color. But nothing shows dust like black.

Speaking of books, I looked at the greatest 100 novels ever written list and was embarrassed to find I had only read 6. I decided I had to remedy that, so I'm going to educate myself. However, I will be starting with a series that is not on the list- the Septimus Heap series. I started it not long after the first book came out, and I think I got to book four. Then life got busy as usual. So I'm starting over with book one and after I finish the series I'll start on Hemingway. I believe I should read not just what I 'ought to' but what I like, which is probably why I've only read 6 of the greatest novels.

Today's card- dolphin!

No comments: